RC Kimberley logo

About Our Club

 

The Rotary Club of Kimberley (located in South Africa) was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Bloemfontein in 1950, eventually receiving its Charter from RI on 20 August 1951.

Event

Date

Inaugural Meeting
13 December, 1950
First Luncheon
1 February, 1951
Charter Date
20 August, 1951
Charter Dinner
24 November, 1951
17 August, 2001
60th Anniversary Party
20 August 2011

The Rotary Club of Kimberley is a member of Rotary International and until 30 June 2013 was one of the 50 or so clubs constituting Rotary District 9320 (Southern Africa). District 9320 (±250,000 sq km) encompassed part of  South Africa as well as the entire Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho - hence the use of the term "Southern Africa" rather than just "South Africa".

On 1 July 2013, Districts 9320 and 9270 merged to form a new District 9370. This new District comprises some 100 clubs, with a total membership around 2000. Geographically it encompasses the entire original D9320, as well as the entire original D9270 - it thus now includes KwaZulu Natal as well as the eastern portion of the Eastern Cape.

D9370 map

Like every other Rotary Club around the world, The Rotary Club of Kimberley is governed by a Board of Directors which is elected annually by the club's own members.  It is one of the fundamentals of Rotary that - so far as is possible - membership of the Board should change each year.

 

Copyright © Rotary Club of Kimberley